Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Banana Nut Bread

Banana bread has always been one of my favorite things to make, but somehow the bananas in my house are always gone before they have the opportunity to brown. Last week I picked up an extra bunch with this bread in mind, and while I was walking out of the farm stand this recipe was staring me in the face. I think it was fate.

Banana Bread
From: Wilson Farm

Cream together:
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened

Beat in:
2 eggs

Stir in:
1 1/4 cups mashed, very ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
2 tablespoons milk

Sift together and stir in:
2 cups flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt

Stir in:
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Pour into a greased 9x5 loaf pan,
Bake at 350 degrees 50-60 minutes, or until done.

No comments: